Davis Pride is an all inclusive celebration event for members and supporters of the LGBTQIA community. Davis Pride is a two part large scale fundraising event: a 5 and 10k family fun run/walk followed by a FREE community festival.
Davis Pride is produced by Davis Phoenix Coalition, a non-profit organization with a mission to foster diversity, eliminate intolerance, prevent hate-motivated violence and support LGBTQ youth. The coalition was founded in the aftermath of a violent 2013 anti-gay attack on “Mikey” Partida, a 32-year-old long-distance runner and Davis resident. Proceeds from Davis Pride will support the Coalition’s year-round work, which includes anti-bullying campaigns, workshops and outreach with area police departments, churches and schools.
The mission of Davis Pride is to celebrate and support LGBTQ+ communities within Yolo County and foster allyship by increasing awareness of the unique and shared experiences of our community.
To create and sustain the education and advocacy programs of the Davis Phoenix Coalition, as well as assist with the funding and development of a resource center, to support the LGBTQ+ and ally residents of the city of Davis and surrounding areas.
GETTING TO DAVIS PRIDE
Bicycles and Public Transit
Pride is easy to get to without a car!
- Bicycle: Davis is the most bike friendly town in the world!! There is plenty of bike parking near the park and throughout downtown Davis.
- Unitrans: The P & Q lines (leaving from the UC Davis Memorial Union) both have stops along Russell Blvd and the O Line (leaving from the UC Davis Silo) has stops along B Streets.
- YoloBus: Route 42 A&B will be the best option from Sacramento, West Sac, and Woodland area. Both routes have stops on Russell Blvd, near F street.
- Amtrak: The Davis Amtrak station is about a 10 minute walk from Central Park. The Unitrans O Line also provides service between the Amtrak Station and Central Park.
- Whether traveling from the East or West on I-80, exit at Davis’s Richards Blvd exit. Turn right and continue North towards Downtown Davis. After passing through a tunnel, you will be at the intersection of 1st and E Streets. From here you have the choice of turning left or going straight, either way you should begin to look for parking. The Run/Walk start/finish area is located at the intersection of 4th and C Streets.
- Alternative route to avoid congestion: Rather than exiting at Richards Blvd., exit at Hwy. 113 towards Woodland. This exit is about 1/2 mile west of the Richards Blvd. exit. Once on Hwy. 113, continue approximately 1.5 miles to the Russell Blvd. exit and turn right. Continue approximately 2.5 miles until you reach downtown Davis. As you cross through the intersection at B Street, you will see Central Park on your right. You may either turn right at D Street, or continue to E Street, to turn right and begin looking for parking. Please note: From 6 a.m. to 12 noon C Street will be closed at 5th/Russell in consideration of Davis Community Church and parking for their congregation.
Parking can be found at many parking lots throughout the downtown area or along the downtown streets.
Please note: In a working agreement between our event, the City and Davis Community Church (a strong supporter of Davis Pride), From 8 a.m. to 12 noon please DO NOT PARK in the spaces on C Street (from 4th to 5th) and 4th Street (from C to D Streets) in front of Davis Community Church. These spots will be monitored and roped off, and we kindly ask that you do not park there so those spaces can be saved for those attending their services on Sunday.